Sunday, September 13, 2020

My Take -> Week 1

Greetings, G-Force. I hope that you are healthy, happy and safe. The 2020 season is upon us. And, I’m going to do my best to carry the blog forward. I’m happy to have football back. I hope that it brings a sense of normalcy to my Sunday’s. As I write, I listen to the Toots & the Maytals 1973 classic; “In The Dark.” A legendary album. I was absolutely gutted to hear about Toots’ passing. The 2015 Crooked Stave Origins continues to carry a robust sour punch. It’s a flavor explosion! Candidly, I’m not as close with the 2020 team as I’d like to be. So, my initial take won’t be as thorough as past years. I hope that changes as I form more thoughts. But, without preseason football, my views are persuaded by what I’ve read or heard from others. On paper, I’m not enamored with the depth on this roster. I see issues are CB, Tackle, and ILB. It’s shocking to me that Veldheer and TMon aren’t in the roster. I’m not sold on the WR depth either as I’m not convinced that either MVS or ESB has taken the next step. This team also needs Keke to advance his game or else the DL might have depth concerns as well. To kick off the season, the Packers travel to Minnesota to take on the ‘queens. It’ll be odd to have limited, controlled noise in the dome. I anticipate that the Packers will be able to function their offense as they’d like. However, I can’t say that I expect the Packers to be in rhythm early on in the season. Look for the Packers to get Tyler Ervin into the open field. Look for the Packers to turn to Allen Lazard in abundance. Look for the Packers to attempt to pound the ball at the heart of the Minnesota Defensive Line. Look for Jaire to try and get in Thielen’s head early in the game. The Packers have to find a way to slow down Dalvin Cook. I’m not sure that I see a scenario in which they’re able to do that. There’s no reason for Minnesota to not run the ball at least 35 times. The game will be decided by a turnover. Have a hunch that Savage grabs a pick to save the day. The Packers defense bends often. They don’t break. Packers 23. ‘queens 19. Go Pack Go! Talkin’ S-Mac. talkins-mac.blogspot.com

No comments: