Monday, October 5, 2020

My Take -> Week 4

Greetings, G-Force.

3-0! Intense fashion. Wins at MN and at NO. This team is very well positioned, if they can stay healthy.

As I write, I sip a Crooked Stave St Bretta Gold Nugget Mandarin. Loaded with Brettanomyces, this beer is fruity, funky and punched with wild goodness. I listen to The Rolling Stones “Exile on Main Street” album. It’ll be important for Matt LaFleur to continue to “Let It Loose” this weekend even with limited healthy talent at WR.

My quick vibes over the last week:

Matt LaFleur outwitted Sean Payton in the Dome. And, I wasn’t shocked. That’s how highly I think of Matt LaFleur. He’s artistic. He confuses defenses with creative deception. He’s doing it with a hodgepodge of skill position talent.

Aaron Rodgers is having fun. He’s in rhythm. He’s in control. His decision making has been dynamite. He’s been sublimely accurate.

Aaron Jones is so fluid. He’s slippery, he can get small, he can run around you and he can run through you. Thrilling to watch!

Mike Pettine continues to be predictable. He continues to show his blitzes. He needs to play more basic. Rush the 4 you invested in and see if they can apply pressure. My hunch is that the more basic Pettine calls it, the better his results will be.

Keke!!! Get me off my couch, young man! Love the interior pressure.

Rashan Gary was playing his best football right before the injury. I hope the pain doesn’t linger because he was becoming disruptive over the last two weeks.

Za’Darius with the play of the game. The team needed a defensive lift and Za’Darius brought it with the strip sack.

The Packers need Preston Smith to find his pass rushing form and they need Pettine to put him in position to get after the QB.

David Bakhtiari might be playing the best football of his career right now.

I was surprised that Billy Turner started at RT. Thought Wagner earned the role. Turned struggled early, but rebounded well.

Big Dog!! Had to enjoy seeing Lewis go up and make the play in traffic.

This team is going to miss Lazard in a major way. He has shown himself as a legitimate #2 WR. Without Lazard, this team needs another target. I wonder if the Packers regret letting Kumerow right now. Gutekunst has left this team painfully thin at WR. Kumerow had Rodgers’ trust and that would go a long way right now.

It might be time to see what we have in AJ Dillon.

I was really happy to see Jace rebound well after a poor performance the week before.

Big Bob Tonyan with another strong game. He’s being put in position to make plays and thus far, the results have been great.

Mason Crosby is striking the ball really well right now.

Jonathan Garvin showed good zest. He was pursuant and in attack mode. Liked what I saw out of him in limited snaps.

I hope Oren Burks gets a shot at ILB. This could be his last opportunity. I’m rooting for him.

This week - it’s the Falcons traveling to Lambeau for the rare main event on a Monday Night Football doubleheader.

Don’t be confused by the Falcons 0-3 record. The can put up points with the best of the NFL. They’re loaded with talent. In fact, if I were just an outsider giving a quick look at this game, I’d probably pick the Falcons. The Packers are razor thin at WR. Their defense has had trouble getting off the field and Matt Ryan has had the Packers number in the past. And, while the Falcons appear to be nicked up, it looks as though they’ll have the vast majority of their injured players suited up. If the Packers aren’t careful, they’ll get upset.

The Packers must man up on the Falcons. They cannot try and get cute. There’s no room for error against Atlanta’s offense. They’ll hit you with a big play. Ridley and Jones are a dynamic duo. The Packers must get pressure and knock Ryan off of his spot.

We’ve been waiting for Preston Smith to make his 2020 arrival. My gut says that he makes a play this week.

I also think Kevin King makes a big play this week.

The Falcons will test the Packers run game. If the Packers aren’t stout upfront, Gurley will run wild.

I trust Matt LaFleur. I think he’ll put people in positions to make plays. I have a feeling that he’s going to get MVS open on a couple of shot plays. I hope MVS is ready to be the difference maker this week. He’s going to have the opportunity.

Look for LaFleur to get the ball into Aaron Jones’ hands 20-25 times.

We could see a wheel route to Ervin as LaFleur gets creative to find yards.

It’ll be a shootout.

Crosby connects late.

Packers 34 Falcons 31

Go Pack Go!

Talkin’ S-Mac. talkins-mac.blogspot.com

No comments: