5-3. With another game at Lambeau before the bye. A chance to get to 6-3 an to position ourselves into the drivers seat with respect to a Wild Card berth. Here some vibes from the win over J'ville:
* Sometimes, in this league, it's about survival. Especially when you're banged up. And on a day in which Blaine Gabbert throws for 117 more yards than Aaron Rodgers. And on a day in which the Jaguars run more plays, gain 103 more yards, and win the time of possession battle. It wasn't pretty, but it shows up in the win column.
* Mike McCarthy coached his worst game of the year. He was passive. Stagnant. He lacked offensive creativity. There was no motion. He never injected fire in the offense and never made adjustments to try and keep the Jaguars guessing. We were predictable throughout and it almost turned catastrophic. But, in the end, it was a win.
* The 15-yard penalty on Davon House was an absolute joke. What has happened to the NFL?
* Alex Green does not see the field well. He lacks patience and doesn't look for the cut back.
* I liked what James Starks did. Regardless of the dropped pass. Want to see more of him. Immediately.
* Davon House with the blocked punt! EPIC!
* Let's get the ball to Randall Cobb more often.
* It is fun to see Double-D in the end zone.
* Mason Crosby. Yikes!
* James Jones. 7 catches on 9 targets. He's been phenomenal.
* Our TE play is disappointing.
* Donde esta BJ Raji?
* Note to Dom Capers: Rush Clay Matthews. Every play.
* Good game, Morgan Burnett.
* Nice stats, Brad Jones. Liked the sack. Liked the forced fumble. Didn't like the inconsistent tackling.
* AJ Hawk, bro, wrap up!
* Tim Masthay = stellar punter, bad thrower. Great play design. Ryan Taylor had a first down. He was wide open and begging for the ball.
* Wish the Packers WR's would simply pick up the first down rather than getting fancy when a yard short of t sticks. Both Cobb and Boykin got cute.
This week - it is the Arizona Cardinals. Frankly, I have fears. I don't like the way we match up with them. Not with our injuries. If we were full boat, we'd win by 20 or more. But, we're not and the Irishman will likely be conservative with his play calling. This could spell disaster. We must be on the attack.
Arizona pursues the QB. This is a defense that stymied Tom Brady in New England. Daryl Washington is an excellent blitzing ILB. It will be Jeff Saturday's job to watch him. The Cardinals defensive front does a good job stunting. Dockett and Campbell can benefit from shoddy line play. Almost amazingly, Paris Lenon is still in the league. And, he's actually playing decent. Arizona also has an underrated secondary with playmakers Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes and Patrick Peterson. The Arizona defense has the toys to play with the depleted defense. The Cardinals should NOT be overlooked.
The Arizona offense is not a powerhouse, but they have enough talent to make you nibble on your nails. Larry Fitzgerald is as talented as any WR in the game. Andre Roberts is the type of WR who annoys you throughout. There's nothing that overwhelms you about him, but he's often open and picking up first downs. Thus far, Michael Floyd has underachieved, but he has the tools to be an elite player. However, none of these guys can make an impact if the Arizona OL can't keep John Skelton upright. The Cardinals OL is pathetic. And LaRod Stephens-Howling is among the worst starting RB's in this league.
If the Packers aren't careful, the game could be similar to the 2010 Dolphins contest. We must protect the reigning MVP and when on defense, let's go after Skelton. We need to come with a vengeance and make this thing difficult for the immobile QB. Skelton won't beat you with his legs. He's a sitting target. Double up Larry Fitzgerald with help over the top. Jam Roberts at the line. Come with blitzes up the middle. Try and put the Claymaker in 1 v 1 battles.
Pound James Starks early. Pound him often. Get Randall Cobb 10 touches. Somehow. Someway. Try to get J-Mike involved on the 1st possession.
Do NOT let Patrick Peterson beat you on special teams!
Show your fidelity, G-Force! Be loud! Be proud! Bring personal animation to peak levels. The crowd was ridiculously quiet during the Jaguars win. Elevate this weekend. Let's get a win! It will be a battle.
Packers 23. Cardinals 20.
Get to 6-3. Then rest. Get Worthy, Shields, Perry, Nelson and Kuhn healthy. Jennings gets a week closer to full strength. Be prepared for the stretch run. This is a MUST win! Rise Up, Lambeau!
Go Pack Go!