Friday, August 27, 2021

My Take -> Preseason Week 3

Greetings, G-Force.

The buzz is brewing. The vibes feel right. We will sit through 4 more exhibition Quarters until it gets real. Sit back. Relax. Take it all in. Live for the moment. While we have it.

As I write, I sip a Weldwerks Juicy Bits. Juicy IPA goodness. It’s beer sipping glory. I’m listening to the Phish 12/30/19 show. The Tweezer is a moment in time that I’ll cherish forever.

Here are my quick vibes from the last week:

LaFleur and Rodgers’ relationship is so good to watch. QB and Coach. Buddies. If I were in charge, I’d ensure that this tandem was guaranteed to be locked up together for the next 5 years. The key word being guaranteed. Offer the contract. Guarantee the money. 5 years.

AJ Dillon reminds of a young Eddie Lacy. Tackling him is a business decision. Aaron Jones has been susceptible to injury. Dillon should be able to eat up carries in order to help keep Jones fresh.

Kylin Hill’s quickness continues to impress. He’s become a legitimate candidate to be the gadget guy in this offense. Almost wildly, if Dillon shows that he can handle the workload, Aaron Jones might also be a candidate for the gadget role this year. Imagine how many eyes would be following Jones as he motioned. That’d create a whole world of possibilities.

Tip of the cap to Kurt Benkert. He slings it. A fearless competitor.

Question marks remain along the OL until Bakhtiari returns. If I were LaFleur, Lucas Patrick would be my Week 1 starting Guard and Newman would be battling Runyan for the other starting spot. From what I have seen — and it hasn’t been much — I’d give the nod to Runyan. I would not play Patrick in the game this weekend.

Based on what I’d read heading into the preseason games, I expected more from Ben Braden. I’ve been anxious to see more of Amari Rodgers wiggling his way through traffic. Braden’s whiff in the open field on a WR screen prevented that.

Was bummed to see Funchess and Redmond put on IR. Funchess flashed brightly. Thought he might add a fun dimension to the offense. While Redmond isn’t irreplaceable, he has been a core special teams player.

TJ Slaton just gave us a glimpse of dominance. A hope offering. This defense needs another presence in the middle. Hopefully, Slaton can play valuable snaps this year.

Have high hopes for Kabion Ento, but he showed himself as a poor tackler. Hadn’t seen that before. Worrisome!

Until I see Za’Darius on the Field, I won’t believe that his injury isn’t contract related.

This week - it’s the Bills at Buffalo. A MST Saturday am Matinee game.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Jordan Love. I hope the Packers OL performs better for him than they did in the first preseason game. I want to see Love whip it.

Look for Hill to get some work as a receiver out of the backfield.

Love will target Amari over the middle of the field on crossing routes.

Malik Taylor has a another good game.

Ento grabs an interception to earn himself a roster spot.

The Packers will likely rest all of their core players again, but this time they find victory.

Packers 27
Bills 23

Go Pack Go!

Talkin’ S-Mac.
talkins-mac.blogspot.con

No comments: