Saturday, August 21, 2021

My Take -> Preseason Week 2

Greetings, G-Force.

The preseason opener is in the books. Despite the play on the Field, Lambeau looked festive. The vibes were high. This team has confidence.

I sipped a New Glarus Scream IIPA tonight. So delicious. In my earbuds, I play Queen’s Greatest Hits. I haven’t dialed into this album in so long. It flows properly. Such a great listen.

Here are my quick vibes from the last week:

Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers are legitimately football buddies.

Jordan Love looked better than I expected. No gimmicks to his game. Pocket passer. Can sling it.

I’ve thought this for a couple of years and I hope I’m proved wrong on this, but others think Amari Rodgers is better than I do.

The OL was embarrassingly bad. Expected so much more. I had wondered if Lucas Patrick might be on the bubble and whether his relationship with Rodgers might become a topic between him and Gutekunst on cutdown day. But, after the Week 1 preseason performance by this unit, it’s my belief that Patrick should be a lock. We know what we will get from him.

Funchess!! He must be on the team. He’s built differently.

Oren Burks! Yes, I know it was the 1st preseason game, but this defense is desperate for ILB depth, so I’ll take any bone I can get.

Kylin Hill! Kid can play. Showed great wiggle. An attention grabbing burst. Power to his legs. Worry about his ability to hold onto the footballs the ball looked loose to me, but his shake.

From a coaching perspective, the only thing you can remotely assess is special teams. Those units were putrid.

Chauncey Rivers grabbed my attention. Wonder if he has a shot to make a push at a roster spot.

Innis Gaines showed tremendous quickness. Missed an open field tackle, but he’s worth paying attention to.

Props to Kabion Ento. He looks like he can play. I want to see him as a gunner on special teams.

Shemar Jean-Charles has the confidence that is required to play in this League.

Henry Black can play in the NFL, me thinks.

Well done, Vernon Scott. Liked how he tossed his body around.

Zack Heflin made a Practice Squad worthy appearance.

This week - it’s the Jets at Lambeau. Looking forward to seeing Lambeau in the afternoon spot again. Even if it’s preseason. I'll be sitting on a couch next to Brotherman Vargas. Getting rowdy. When you think your team has a chance to be Super, you have to revel in each of the moments. I'm going to hold onto each tick of the 2021 Football clock as though it's precious and needs to be savored.

I’m going to be watching the OL closely again. The Packers need some of this young talent to show well.

I expect the Packers OL to rebound in strong fashion. They dominate the line of scrimmage. Kylin Hill bursts through!

I’m going to watch the secondary with heavy intent. This team looks stacked with secondary depth. I expect them to grab two interceptions.

Kurt Benkert can sling it. He’s fearless this weekend. He makes mistakes. He also finds the end zone.

Packers 23
Jets 20

Go Pack Go!

Talkin’ S-Mac.
talkins-mac.blogspot.com

No comments: