Sunday, September 12, 2021

My Take -> Week 1

Greetings, G-Force.

The urgency is at peak levels. It's now or possibly never for the Packers and Aaron Rodgers to grab a 2nd Super Bowl ring together. I just hope this team remains laid back. I hope they don't press. I hope they continue to live in the moment. I hope they continue to enjoy the present. I hope they continue to play with a care free desire to win.

As I write, I listen to the Phish 9-1-21 show from Shoreline. I was fortunate to attend this concert at the famed CA venue. It's a day I'll remember forever. I sip a Modern Times Dungeon Map West Coast IPA. It's a little less clear than I prefer, but it's a super smooth tasty hop. I find it to be really refreshing.

The Packers take on the Saints in Jacksonville as they embark on their 2021 journey. For the 2nd year in a row, the Packers catch a break while playing the Saints. Last year, they were fortunate to not have fans in the Dome. This year, they are playing in Jacksonville. And, while the humidity will be a major factor, it'll be a significant benefit to not be trapped indoors.

The Saints will have a new look. It concerns me that there will be very little tape on what to expect from Sean Paytond this weekend. Jameis Winston has always been a good playmaker. He just makes too many mistakes. The Saints will play through Alvin Kamara. If the Packers struggle to tackle Kamara like they have in the past, the defense will be in for a long afternoon. I'd like to think that the Packers match up well with Marquez Callaway, Lil'Jordan Humphrey and Deonte Harris as receivers. The Saints OL will bephysical, but I anticipate that the Packers will be able to get a push.

Defensively, the Saints are physical. Cameron Jordan, Demario Davis, Malcolm Jenkins and Marshon Lattimore are elite. Marcus Davenport has great length as a pass rusher. He'll be disruptive. Kwon Alexander is an active player. The Saints defense will fly around the field. But, if the young Packers OL can provide protection, I really believe the Packers will put up big points.

My biggest fear for the Packers this weekend is their ability to tackle Deonte Harris as a returner. The Packers cannot let Harris beat them. He's the ultimate threat as a return man. If special teams don't cost the Packers the game, I like their chances.

I believe Rodgers will come out with some easy passes in the flat to Tonyan. We'll also see Aaron Jones pounding the ball away at the interior of the Saints DL in an effort to let the young Packers OL settle in.

Look for a back and forth battle until Winston makes his mistake. Jaire steps in front of an out pass. It's a game changing play.

Dillon rushes for 60+ yards. Tonyan grabs 2 TD's. Davante tops 100 yards. Offensively, the Packers play mistake free football.

Packers 34.
Saints 27.

Go Pack Go!

Talkin' S-Mac.
talkins-mac.blogspot.com

No comments: