Thursday, January 3, 2008

Who Are You Watching Now - Orange Bowl

Greetings, G-Force.

If you're watching the Orange Bowl tonight, be sure to keep your eyes on the following:

Virginia Tech:
DE - Chris Ellis #49
DT - Kory Robertson #75, Barry Booker #59
LB - Xavier Adibi #11, Vince Hall #9 - both will be LEGIT NFL LB's.
CB - Victor Harris #1, Brandon Flowers #18. If Flowers stays in college, next year, he'll be one of the more discussed CB's in College Football.
WR - Eddie Royal #4. I would not be surprised if he was a 3rd or 4th round draft pick this year. A much better player than David Clowney.
RB - Branden Ore #28. I believe that he is only a Junior. Great cut back. Good speed. Good vision.

Kansas:

WR - Marcus Henry #86. He will be a Day 1 pick. A senior. An under appreciated stud at WR. Big. Fast. Gets deep.
WR - Dexton Fields #88.
TE - Derek Fine #85. Big target. Each time that I watched him - he has been productive.
DT - James McClinton #93. He makes plays against big time competition. True NFL prospect.
CB - Aqib Talib #3. Some "experts" feel as though he could be the Packers first round pick. He wears #3. He's got a knack for making the big play. He occasionally gets beat because he tries to jump routes. Sometimes he's shy on attacking ball carriers. I have not seen a bunch of him as teams don't throw his way all that much. I'm really excited to see more of him tonight as I continue to develop my thoughts on this potential star.
CB - Kendrick Harper #24. He tends to get picked on as Talib is a 1st round prospect, but I think Harper is a solid college CB as well. Each game that I've seen - Harper seems to do something that impresses me. A true compliment to Talib as he likes to be physical.

Enjoy the Orange Bowl,

Talkin' S-Mac.

No comments: