Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some say #4 was over hyped...

I had to take a moment to reflect on the number of times that I have heard/read people say that ESPN over hyped #4. It forces me to ask the question - is there another athlete in sports that tells the story that Favre does?

The man has lost a brother due to a car accident, overcame an alcohol/drug addiction, dealt with the loss of his Father at a young age, watched his wife defeat breast cancer, watched his Mother's house get destroyed by a Hurricane and then tragically loses his brother-in-law.

Meanwhile, Favre became the only player in the history of the NFL to become a 3-time MVP. He's been to two Super Bowls - won one of them. He's thrown more TD's than any other player. He's won more games than any other player. He's the NFL's Iron Man.

Disagree with the comparisons to MJ and Tiger if you wish...I'm not going to take part in that debate. All that I'm going to say is that MJ did things that no man in basketball ever did. Tiger is on his way towards doing the same in golf. Likewise, Favre has statistically accomplished numbers that no player in NFL history has done.

Favre has proven to be a survivor in life - both personally and professionally. He's overcome obstacles via internal strength, emotional belief and a family support system.

This is a story that is too cheesy? This story gets old? This story is over hyped?

On MNF, 331 yards later...I was still craving more...

You can hate. I will relate.

In Brett I Trust,

Talkin' S-Mac.

No comments: