Friday, November 16, 2007

Who Are You Watching Now?

A definite addition to the Who Are You Watching Now list would have to be Chris Long. Chris, the son of Howie, is largely responsible for the devastation felt by the Hurricanes on the closing night of the Orange Bowl.

Also, jumping up my list of college stallions is Chevis Jackson, #21, Sr, CB, LSU. If anyone gets the chance to check out LSU this year - watch Jackson. Think Craig Newsome. Long. Lanky. Great make up speed while the ball is in the air. Plays with his hands but does not draw penalties. Plays the ball well in the air. He'd look terrific in Green & Gold.

Mike Mickens from Cincy also jumps up my board. In fact, my new CB projections look like this.

1. ) Antoine Cason
2.) Chevis Jackson
3.) Malcolm Jenkins
4.) Terrell Thomas
5.) Aqib Talib - I love this guy. Wears #3. But he scares me sometimes as I watch him and he appears weak against the run.
6.) Mike Jenkins
7.) Mike Mickens
8.) Brandon Flowers
9.) Trae Williams


Dropping minutely is Jonathan Stewart. To me, he has slowed down as the year has gone on. Still a valuable commodity, but not someone that I would want the Packers to draft in the 1st round.

As a side note, I'm also adding Brandon Miller, LB, Georgia. He and Ellerbe make a fine tandem at LB. I'm also adding William Franklin, WR, Missouri, Eric Foster, DE, Rutgers and Ryan Mundy, S, WVU to my others to consider.

Buzzin' On,

Talkin' S-Mac.

5 comments:

Talkin' S-Mac said...

Add BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ole Miss, to the list of others at the RB position. Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss, is a Junior that may come out. He, too, should be put on the list of others at the DT position.

Talkin' S-Mac said...

Also, slight oversight on my part, Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State, can dominate any game. He is a Junior. I expect him to come out this year.

Talkin' S-Mac said...

Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt, simply dominates. Guy can do most anything. Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech is tearing up the 'Canes at the line of scrimmage. Also, I'm not sure whether Erin Henderson is a junior or a sophomore. If he's a junior and decides that he's turning pro, he'll be added to the list of strong LB's as we near draft time.

Vargas said...

Thanks for adding Gholston...he is a BEAST.. Not sure our stacked DL needs anybody but I sure would like to have him in green and gold...

patrad said...

here is an intresting draft/scout discussion http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=3440